Saturday was spent traipsing around the snow-covered landscape at Treetops Resort in Gaylord, celebrating Michigan Winter Trails Day with the find folks at Great Lakes Winter Trails Council. After a snowshoe hike and a winter rafting trip, I was ready to warm my mind, body and soul with a relaxing massage at the Spa inside Treetops main lodge.
While I was near-asleep on the table (which I have heard is a compliment to the masseuse), I started thinking about all the places I’ve experienced rejuvenating treatments:
- Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, Grand Rapids
- Boyne Highlands, Harbor Springs
- Boyne Mountain, Boyne Falls
- Crystal Mountain Resort, Thompsonville
- Grand Traverse Resort, Traverse City
- Great Wolf Lodge, Traverse City
- The Homestead, Glen Arbor
- Inn at Bay Harbor, Petoskey
- JW Marriott, Grand Rapids
- Lilac Tree Hotel, Mackinac Island
- Radisson Plaza Hotel, Kalamazoo
- Treetops Resort, Gaylord
- Vasaio Life Spa, Grand Rapids
What other destination spas should I check out…any favorite treatments you recommend…because I can really get used to this kind of pampering treatment?