Date(s) - 09/12/2019
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Upper Manistee Headwaters Preserve
Join us at the Proposed Upper Manistee Headwaters Preserve for trail building, landscaping, species inventories, building upkeep, and more! This amazing 1,288-acre former boy scout camp is home to 350 acres of pristine wetland habitat coupled with intact upland northern forests, making for incredible biodiversity. Volunteer tasks will vary by week and will support many of the features found on the property!
GTRLC will supply gloves, tools, water and snack bars. We will teach you everything you need to know about tool use, safety, and the importance of the work you will be doing. No prior experience necessary, just come prepared to learn!
What will volunteers be doing?
There are a variety of tasks that need volunteer support and there is a task suitable for every ability. Example tasks include:
– Upkeep of existing infrastructure
– Trail building and maintenance
– Landscaping and gardening
– Species inventories
What should I bring?
– Dress for the weather! Always check the forecast in advance
– Sturdy, close toed shoes that can handle some mud
– Bring a re-usable water bottle and some snacks
– Sunscreen and bug spray for your safety and comfort
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us! If you have any questions, please contact Jon Throop at JThroop@GTRLC.org or (231) 922-1259