Date(s) - Fri, Oct 7, 2022
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Organization: Strong Women Arise Network (SWAN)
Contact: Angela Schalow
Phone #: 616-581-0364
Event Information: https://fb.me/e/1SbzbfZGE
Local Women’s Networking Group Holds Event focused on Inspiration, Education, and Connection
Grand Rapids, MI –
The event supports women in the community, not only in their careers but in all aspects of their lives. A portion of the proceeds from ticket sales go to Women At Risk Intl. (WAR), a non-profit that supports survivors of abuse and human trafficking.
Angela Schalow founded SWAN in 2019, when she realized she was not the only woman to feel frustrated by traditional networking. “I was tired of leaving events feeling drained from meeting a sea of strangers. I asked myself how we could get to know each other through social media, so that when we meet in person we already know each other. I imagined a community of women that built genuine relationships, encouraged each other, and generously shared their knowledge. I love hearing success stories from fellow SWANs about the connections they have made, and the impact it has on their businesses and their lives.”
At SWAN Con 2022, attendees will hear from more than 5 guest speakers—professional women from the community—discussing relevant topics that help women in all stages of their career who may face challenges and help them work towards achieving their dreams. Speakers include:
- Angela Schalow, founder of SWAN, will tell you her best tips to stop spinning your wheels with busyness and start gaining ground with productivity.
- Elle Ingalls, creator of the Pressure-Free Method, will give useful tips to reduce the flood of fight or flight hormones. This change leads to a healthier body and a clearer mind.
- Jennifer Kok, founder of Next Wave Business Coaching, will share how to overcome imposter syndrome, comparison, guilt, and other mental roadblocks.
- Becky McDonald, of Women At Risk Intl., will be speaking about her organization’s successes in preventing, and rescuing women from human trafficking.
- Rebecca Dutcher, founder and president of RED66 Marketing, will be sharing her tips for building your personal brand so that when people meet you in person, it matches your online persona.
To learn more about these speakers and the topics they’re presenting on, click here.
In addition to these speakers, there will be shopping opportunities through multiple sponsors and vendors, as well as great food from the venue, a raffle with high-value prizes, a SWAN swag bag, plus the opportunity to network with fellow SWANs!
Early bird tickets are on sale now! For $74.99, not only do you get your ticket to SWAN Con 2022, early registrants also get a free shirt! Get yours here.
SWAN is a local community of professional women at all stages of their careers, dedicated to supporting each other while they overcome obstacles, learn new skills, and strive towards their goals, all while building genuine relationships. They have a Facebook group with over 600 members, and a public page where others can connect to resources they share.
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/StrongWomenAriseNetwork.